Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patty's Day in Columbus

I usually don't bother with things like this, but I found it pretty comical.  Rarely do I stray from team colours when buying Blue Jackets clothing or memorabilia, however, I plan to attend the game tonight, and thought it would be a good thing to get some green gear to support the home town team rather than just wearing one of my many college St Patrick's Day green shirts.

On Tuesday, I found the blueline store to lack much in quality.  A couple of t-shirts, one or two sweatshirts, and a pretty weak looking hat (which I believe retailed at over 25 dollars).  Needless to say I was disappointed, and jumped on NHL.com out of curiosity to see what I could pick up for the game.

Three items.  one t-shirt, and two sweatshirts.  No hats.  No mugs.  No stickers.  Three items, and nothing designed for the ladies either.  Compare that with Pittsburgh and Washington's 28 items, Philadelphia and Chicago's 27 items, Detroit's 26 items, Boston's 25 items, etc etc.

Now, I get that Columbus is a smaller market, but really, three items?  I'm not even going to invest my time in LOOKING at three items, let alone hoping something actually suits my taste.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to anyone and everyone.  Here's hoping the green beer flows, and the stands are crowded with something other than red/white.

No comments:

Post a Comment